Complete Your Profile
Keeping your profile up-to-date and complete shows that you are invested in Wheaton in Network and eager to connect with others.
Be Present and Active
People join WiN with the intention and expectation of connecting, so please respond to any contact within three days. If you’re too busy, you may temporarily pull yourself out of the search pool.
You can support your WiN connections in many ways:
- Motivator: Express belief and confidence in other’s abilities, and encourage trying new things.
- Resource: Teach and advise on how to make professional contacts, and introduce to new people, places, or ideas.
- Supporter: Encourage open and honest dialogue, and be a listener.
- Coach: Help others develop, and work to achieve, realistic and meaningful goals.
Suggested Career-Focused Activities
The following list offers several ideas about how to engage on WiN.
- Discuss the role of educational preparation in career fields
- Share information about a current event or issue in a career field
- Schedule a shadow visit, if appropriate
- Networking pursuits
- Coordinate introductions to colleagues or other contacts
- Attend a professional association meeting or conference together
- Discuss ways to conduct an informational interview
Job Search Process
- Review a resume and/or cover letter
- Conduct a mock interview
- Discuss where to look for job/internships in specific fields
Log in to access even more advising and networking resources. You can also read more about how everyone can use WiN on the Students, Alumni, and Partners pages.